Welcome to the website of the 173rd Airborne Brigade MilSim Unit!

Have you considered enlisting with the 173rd?

Learn more about the our MilSim unit HERE!

Photo

Introduction of SOCM Nichols of Hangman Platoon

1 reply to this topic

SOCM Nichols

SOCM Nichols
  • Registered Users
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAlabama

First off some of you may have read my post in the inter-unit cooperation thread. If so thanks! 

I got to spend quite a bit of time last night speaking with Lt. Gardner on y'alls TS. He explained some of the recent operations you guys have run and I am particularly interested in getting our small group of guys over here for some joint operations. I have been playing with the "Arma" series since the days of OFP and have spent the better part of the last 6 years with the group of guys in Hangman Platoon. I recently left a position as one of the founding members of another milsim group after 2 years due to burnout in always having to be the face of the franchise and the dad to a 100+ people who acted like little kids all the time.

Since leaving that role I have rediscovered what I like most about Arma; the ability to craft a scenario in almost any time frame. Prior to that I was a member of both Survival Operations and Spearhead Gaming with these same guys and quite a few of us were in an ODA type unit in both communities. I have built missions and factions for missions for a while now and work with a few other communities to help them make missions as well.

Looking forward to some more communication soon to see if we can hammer out the details of a joint operation with you guys.

Hangman 7 Out!

• SGT T.Beal, SGT J.Woodard, SFC R.Agliam and 6 others like this

CPT M.Flas

CPT M.Flas

Captain

• Captain
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Donator

100+ people who acted like little kids all the time

I can definitely sympathize sometimes ;) though much less often now than when I first became XO/CO.

Either way, greetings! I trust our liaisons are setting you up nicely. I used to make all of our missions for our unit for about 2 years, so I can definitely relate, the sandbox, flexibility, and potential for immersion and realism is absolutely what makes ARMA so unique!

• CPL A.McMahon, SPC J.Stone and SOCM Nichols like this

mflas_sig.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users