CPT M.Flas

CPT M.Flas

Captain

• Captain
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Donator

All our retired and previous unit members:

After discussing with some retired and previous members of the unit, we have come to the conclusion it might be fun to have a gathering to catch up on eachothers lives, see how the unit's still around, etc. There's a lot of people's lives that we're missing out on, and we'd like to reconnect and share our nostalgia.

The decided-upon date for the reunion will be 1800 CST, Sunday, 18th of November, 2018. This will be the day of the unit's official 6-year anniversary of the creation of the unit. We shall gather on the Teamspeak, address is as follows:  ts3.173rd.us . I encourage everyone to connect with your previous unit name for quick recognition reasons, but you can of course connect with any reasonable username.

Of course, current unit members are also invited to reconnect with past and current members.

All "dishonorable discharge" bans on the Teamspeak prior to mid-2017 are removed from the Teamspeak ban database, and dishonorable discharges will not be enforced during the reunion, but bans will be re-instated if behavior is deemed inappropriate (intentional trolling, offensive behavior, etc.) I have a long history with ruffling feathers due to my roles in the unit, but I abhor the idea of using my position to prevent appearances. Even people with the rockiest histories with me, like Williams and Bircher, have expressed interest to appear and I encourage them to do so. If bans are still problematic, let me know by replying or messaging me directly.

I hope to see as many people here as possible and reconnect with a lot of you. I encourage everyone to share this post.

• RET J.Chamberlain, 1LT M.Harrison, D.Taft and 12 others like this

mflas_sig.png

CPT M.Flas

CPT M.Flas

Captain

• Captain
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Donator

Also, in reply to a few people I poked: Yep, this is early planning. But I wanted the best odds of getting certain people (LTC Hoose, etc.) out of the woodwork. I'll bump it when the time is near.

mflas_sig.png

1LT M.Harrison

1LT M.Harrison

First Lieutenant

• First Lieutenant
  • 890 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, Alaska

Donator

I'll send this out to all the old sky soldiers on my friends list.

• CPT M.Flas likes this

1LT.png

First Lieutenant Micheal Harrison
Personnel Officer
Headquarters & Headquarters Company
Ranger Qualified

R.Jensen

R.Jensen

Civilian

• Registered Users
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDenmark, Copenhagen

Uuuhh, sounds interesting. I sent this to some old timers aswell I still have on friendslist.  ;)

• CPT M.Flas likes this

Friend of the 173rd

Moody

Moody
  • Registered Users
  • 1 posts

Been a long time, but I'll be there!

• CPT B.MacDonald and CPT M.Flas like this

CPT B.MacDonald

CPT B.MacDonald

Captain

• Captain
  • 2,873 posts
  • LocationClarkson Valley, MO

Donator

Potentially neat idea would be an in-game skirmish against some "local trouble-makers" in a "nearby town" for 8-16 folks in attendance (leadership roles filled by current unit members). Wouldn't require anything airborne but could still be fun (S9 has extra time for this, right? :P) Would indicate that the reunion is being held in a non-US country (for some reason lol) but still, we could get a story together given it's just a quick run-in :D Probably won't happen but still, it's been in my head hehe

Captain Brock MacDonald
Company Adjutant
Headquarters & Headquarters Company
Ranger Qualified

CPT M.Flas

CPT M.Flas

Captain

• Captain
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Donator

I'll have to prep some ideas for games to play dependent on how many people we get coming :P 

mflas_sig.png

D.Figel

D.Figel
  • Registered Users
  • 1 posts

I wish I could make it there but I actually leave for BCT on November 13th. Since I won't be able to make it I'll give a bit of an update here for anyone who remembers me. I'm going to Fort Leonard Wood on an OSUT to become a Combat Engineer. I was originally going in as an MP but after having a bad experience with the MP unit in my state and realizing that being an MP in the reserves would be boring I switched to Combat Engineer. I just got my schedule for my unit today and it looks like in July I'll have the chance to go to Romania. But aside from that, since I left I actually started dating a girl and have since become engaged to her. No clue when we'll have the wedding since... well... money and all that. But it'll happen eventually.

Anyways, good to see you guys are still going. Never had any bad feelings towards you guys and honestly one of my biggest regrets is how I left this unit.

• 2LT B.Osborn likes this

A.Palacio

A.Palacio

Friend of the 173rd

• Friend of the 173rd
  • 467 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Donator

Luckily for me, I'm not working on that day so I'll be joining as long as no surprises happen! I wonder how many of you still remember me and sees who's left from my time.

Yall better go through with this ;)

• 2LT B.Osborn and SGT T.Beal like this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users