Why Should I Donate?The primary reason you should donate to the 173rd Airborne is as simple as it is important: The history of our unit. The unit has always been supported 100% by member donations.
There is no single benefactor supporting the unit, and there never will be. The donation you make today will support the unit directly by covering its operating expenses.
In addition to keeping up the operation-by-donations tradition there are several other important reasons to donate the 173rd Airborne.
- First, 100% of your donation goes toward supporting the unit. Individuals who have attempted to take advantage of the unit have met swift and severe consequences. Command Staff is in place to protect the unit from those who would attempt to take advantage of its members or its financial resources.
- Second, your donation will be used wisely. Running a successful community comes at significant cost. Command works continuously and diligently to minimize operating expenses while simultaneously maximizing member experience and enjoyment. The unit could operate at a lower expense level, but doing so would introduce the added expense of diminished member experience and enjoyment.
- Third, excess donations are held in reserve. If the unit receives more donations than needed in a given month those excess donations will be saved and utilized during months where operating expenses are higher and/or donations received do not cover all of the unit's expenses. The bills keep coming whether the unit meets its donation goal or not. In addition, the unit's reserves be utilized for strategic investments such as software licenses, upgrades, or other digital or real assets which would benefit the unit directly.
How Are Donations Used?It takes nearly $2,300 per year to operate the 173rd Airborne. Over the years the unit has evolved to the point where today we are closer to a not-for-profit corporation than a simple realism group. All members should feel proud, impressed, and humbled by our unit's ability to not only survive, but consistently thrive. The unit's expenses break down as follows:
- Approximately $1,550 pays for our Arma 3 and TeamSpeak 3 server.
- Approximately $100 pays for hosting and maintaining our website and domain name.
- Approximately $100 pays for maintaing our various software licenses such as TeamSpeak and the PERSCOM system.
- Approximately $300 goes toward maintaining a cash flow cushion for unexpected donation slumps.
- Approximately $250 is held in reserve for future strategic investments such as software licenses, upgrades, or other digital or real assets
What Are the Perks?The primary perk to donating to the unit is you get to directly help the unit operate, grow, and thrive.
In addition, your status as a donator will be showcased to the unit automatically with the inclusion of a tag below your name to the left of your forum posts.
Finally, you will receive one of five available Donator server tags on our TeamSpeak server. The tag you receive is dependent on the amount of money you have donated during your career. The donor groups are Donator, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Premium, and are delineated as follows:
- Donator: $0-$24.99
- Bronze: $25 - $49.99
- Silver: $50 - $74.99
- Gold: $75 - $99.99
- Premium: $100+
To receive your TeamSpeak tag contact a member of Command Staff (O-1 Second Lieutenant or higher) via TeamSpeak.
How To DonateDonating the 173rd Airborne is easy!
The unit utilizes a simple integrated application to collect donations via PayPal. Donations received via our integrated application are automatically displayed on our website. You can begin the simple donation process by clicking here or by clicking the Donate Now button located above as well as on the right side of our home page.
If you have any questions or concerns about the process of making a donation contact a member of Command Staff (O-1 Second Lieutenant or higher).
Alternatively, you can donate directly to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org via PayPal. Note that donations made without the use of our integrated application will not be automatically displayed on our website. If you make a donation directly via PayPal contact a member of Command Staff (O-1 Second Lieutenant or higher) to ensure your donation gets correctly added to our application database.